Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kids say the darndest things.

Years of sarcasm has built me up for this moment:

SETING: We were attempting to cheer the kids up around the dinner table since they woke up from their Sunday naps in a mood. I (James) was playing with Madyson's Moses toy (it tells Moses' story) by acting out the scene comically. Then we were treated to the following morsel.

Madyson: Daddy your silly. I am glad that mommy married you.
(dramatic pause as Dad continues to act out the scene)
Madyson: But I think that mommy is sorry.

That pretty much built me up in one sentence only to come crashing down in the next. The whole table erupted with laughter that lasted for about 5 minutes. Mom laughed the loudest for those wondering.

Madyson: What's so funny?

3 comments:

The Nassars said...

boy, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!!
A chip off the old block!
Like father like daughter!

I can't think of anymore right now, I'll be back...

Anonymous said...

Classic. I love it! I can't wait till mine can talk. Miss you guys. Sorry you had to jet back so quick, but I would definitely be in the water company's ear for not responding when your neighbor called to report the broken pipe. Total crap. You should turn Madyson loose on them. She won't take any crap!! LoL. Have a good day guys!

Jason Ebeling said...

With comedic timing like that she might have a future in comedy (or marriage counseling?)